These are a cross between a muffin and a cupcake. They are just so easy to knock up and nice and light to eat.
- Ingredients 7
- Prep Time 00:15
- Cook Time 00:20
- Makes 12
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup canned fruit salad chopped
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift flour into a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix with a fork and pour mixture into a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Bake at 180C for 15 to 20 minutes.
Wrap each muffin individually and freeze, ready to pop in a lunch box as a treat. Add some dried fruit or replace the fresh or canned fruit with choc chips for some variety. For a savoury muffin, leave out the sugar and vanilla, add ½ teaspoon salt and some finely diced or grated vegetables (e.g. carrots, red peppers or baby marrows), and add a sprinkle of mixed herbs for some more flavour.