Serve these delicious meatloafÂ muffins with steamed green beans and roasted potato wedges for an at-home version of a blue-plate special.
- Yield 6 servings (serving size: 2 “muffins”)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
- 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic, sautÃ© 2 minutes. Cool.
- Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350Â° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160Â°. Let stand for 5 minutes.