Olives and raisins may seem an odd combination to put with chicken, but try this Cuban-style preparation for a quick and easy weeknight main dish.
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 15 m
- Ready In 30 m
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes, add garlic and continue to cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Stir tomatoes, chicken, red bell pepper, raisins, olives, red wine vinegar, oregano, cumin, and bay leaves into the onion mixture, cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.