Cubes of rainbow-hued gelatin give this cool and refreshing dessert its mosaic-style appeal. Prepare for awed silence as you place it on the potluck table.
- Prep Time 25min.
- Total Time 4hr. 25min.
- Servings 24 servings
- 1 qt. (4 cups) boiling water
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Grape Flavor Gelatin
- 6 env. (1/4 oz. each) KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
- 4-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 4-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Add 1 cup boiling water to each flavor of fruit gelatin mix in separate bowls, stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Pour each flavor of gelatin into separate 8×4-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, stir unflavored gelatine into 1-1/2 cups milk, let stand 5 min. or until gelatine is softened. Bring 2 cups of the remaining milk just to boil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add sugar and unflavored gelatin mixture, cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, cool 5 min. Add sour cream, vanilla and remaining milk, whisk until blended. Refrigerate 30 min. or until cooled but not firm.
- Cut flavored gelatin into 1/2-inch cubes, place in 12-cup mold sprayed with cooking spray. Pour milk mixture over gelatin cubes. Refrigerate 2 hours or until gelatin is firm. Unmold before serving.