These cream cheese pancakes are light, fluffy, and oh so delicious. Serve with high-quality maple syrup for breakfast or brunch.
- Yield Makes 12 (4-inch) pancakes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine self-rising flour and sugar in a large bowl, make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well, add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked, turn and cook other side. Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup and, if desired, bacon.
- NOTE: 1/4 cup egg substitute, skim milk, and light cream cheese may be used. Pancake batter will be thinner and will cook faster.