A crisp and colourful salad with year-round fresh produce that is packed full of vitamins.
- Ingredients 9
- Prep Time 00:10
- Serves 2
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 cucumber small thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum chopped
- 4 tomato chopped
- 1/2 Spanish onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbs salad cream
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced optional
- Wash and tear lettuce.
- Add all ingredients into salad bowl and lightly toss.
- Add salad cream or your favourite dressing.
- Toss salad again before serving.
Use any all-round dressing. This salad can be served as a side or a meal in its own right. It is best served immediately but can be refrigerated for about 3 hours before some ingredients lose their crisp texture. Most salad dressings are agreeable with this mix of ingredients, but beware adding too much balsamic (or other dark dressings) as it can overpower the vibrant colours.