This bread is just so good, more like a coffee cake than a bread. I didn’t have bread flour, so used regular unbleached, all-purpose flour and took it out about 3 minutes before the beeper because I like a less-crispy crust. Well, what a treat. Major keeper. Not only would I make it again, I think it would make some of the most awesome cinnamon roll dough, and I’m definitely going to try that very soon. I would also suggest using this bread to make Cinnamon Toast Deluxe, Cinnamon Toast Deluxe. A definite cinnamon extravaganza, and a wonderful treat, especially for those of you who are looking for a stronger cinnamon flavor.
- Prep Time 8 mins
- Total Time 3 hrs 38 mins
- Yield 1 loaf
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Bake using the sweet bread setting if your machine has it.
- If not, use white bread setting.
- When the bread is done, remove from the machine and let sit on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- If it sticks, just loosen the sides with a pliable, plastic spatula and it should slip out easily.
- This makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf that rose really nicely.
- I did check the dough about 5, 10 minutes into the kneading cycle, if you squeeze a good amount of the dough between your thumb and fingers and it seems a bit moist, and some dough sticks to your fingers, it should be just right, if not, adjust with water or flour accordingly.