A fun and easy christmas treat, a hit with kids and adults! I used Giant buttons, Rolos, Matchmakers
- Prep Time 1 hr
- Total Time 1 hr
- Serves 24,
- Yield 24 cupcakes
- 24 small cupcakes
- 26 chocolate coins ( or flat circles)
- 24 round chocolate pieces
- 250 g icing sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot water
- 24 marshmallows
- 12 chocolate sticks
- 40 g black icing
- 40 g green icing
- 40 g red icing
- Melt 2 chocolate coins in the microwave or in in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, until liquified.
- Dip each cylindrical/round chocolate into the melted chocolate and ‘glue’ to the coins of chocolate, to look like tophats.
- Sieve icing sugar and add to soft butter and hot water.
- Mix slowly for 2 minutes, then fast, until light and creamy.
- Spread buttercream over each cupcake, leaving a little over to ‘glue’ the hats on later.
- Place a marshmallow in the middle of each cupcake.
- Snap each chocolate stick in half and place into the cupcake for arms.
- Pipe on a green scarf around the marshmallow.
- Pipe on black eyes and red or orange nose and buttons (If it doesn’t stick very well, slightly dampen the side of the marshmallow with a wet finger).
- “Glue” on the tophat with remaining buttercream.