Meet the recipe that will make you famous for hosting the most scrumptious brunch in the history of brunches: Chocolate-Stuffed French Toast Brunch Bake.
- Prep Time 10min.
- Total Time 1hr. 0min.
- Servings 6 servings
- 12 slices challah bread (egg bread), 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz.) tub PHILADELPHIA Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Spread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 400Â°F.
- Spread 6 bread slices with cream cheese spread, cover with remaining bread slices. Lightly press edges together to seal. Whisk eggs, milk and extract in 13×9-inch dish until blended. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture, then arrange in same dish, stacking as necessary to fit. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Place sandwiches in single layer on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, letting excess egg mixture drip back into dish before placing sandwiches on baking sheet. Discard leftover egg mixture.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until sandwiches are puffed and golden brown, turning after 10 min. Serve topped with syrup and nuts.