From Cooking Light December 2005. It calls for 2 pounds of ground turkey. I made this for my husband using 1/2 turkey and 1/2 lean beef since he doesn’t like turkey loaves – it gave it the flavor of beef while still lightening it up. He loved it.
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Servings 6
- Meat loaf 1 chipotle chile in adobo ( also use 1 teaspoon of sauce)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- cooking spray
- Sauce 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop chile. Combine chile, adobo sauce, onion, and next 14 ingredients (through ground turkey breast) in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Place turkey mixture in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- While loaf bakes, combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl, brush over meat loaf.
- Cover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.