If you like it even more spicy, replace the hot sauce with some additional chopped chipotle in adobo. Makes really good sandwiches the next day. Adapted from Cooking Lite.
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Servings 4-6
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped ( from a small can)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- Spicy Topping 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped chile, onion, and next 14 ingredients – stirring to combine.
- Place turkey mixture in a 9×5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- For topping, combine 1/4 cup tomato sauce, ketchup, and hot sauce or chipotle in a small bowl, brush mixture evenly over meatloaf.
- Cover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°F.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.