This is a copycat recipe I found for this amazing rice, it works perfectly with a nice savory pulled pork that I use for making burritos. But it really is good enough to have on it’s own. *edit* I will have to revisit this recipe soon and come up with more precise measurements and possibly using more generic rice.
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
- Servings 4
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup white basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
- Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.(Some people have had success with 1 cup of water, but when I’ve made it with 2 it worked for me).
- At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.