My hubby loves chili con carne. This is a little twist on an old classic….. each serve will cost you ww (aus) 4 points.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Total Time 50 mins
- Servings 4
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 425 g crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups beef stock
- 440 g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Coat a pan with cooking spray, sauté onion until it is softened.
- Stir in the beef mince and brown, Add the garlic, paprika and cumin, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and warm through.
- Scatter with the grated cheese and parsley before serving.