A nice treat for lunch.
- Ingredients 9
- Prep Time 00:30
- Cook Time 00:40
- Serves 4
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 500 g chicken mince
- 3 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 100 g cheese shaved
- 125 g frozen spinach
- 1 cup corn cob kernels
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup carrot cooked cut into matchsticks
- 1 baking paper 1 baking tray 1 pastry brush
- Combine mince, onions, parsley and garlic. Mix well.
- Place pastry onto baking paper and lightly brush one edge of pastry with water, overlap with second sheet and press gently.
- Spread chicken mixture over pastry leaving a border on top of short edge of 5 cm.
- Add layer of cheese over chicken, then spinach carrot and corn.
- Starting at the short end, roll pastry around the filling like a swiss roll. Cut roll into slices 3 cm thick.
- Place slices with cut side up on a lightly greased oven tray. Glace with beaten egg.
- Bake in a 200C preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden.
You can double the mixture as they disappear quickly. Shaved or thinly sliced for cheese.