Cheesey chicken pie that is absolutely divine. The family will love it.
- Ingredients 10
- Prep Time 00:20
- Cook Time 00:50
- Serves 4
- 330 g chicken mince
- 4 bacon rashers
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 1/2 tbs plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 50 g leek chopped
- 60 g blue cheese crumbled
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 pastry brush 1 saucepan
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Dry fry chicken mince and bacon until cooked, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add flour and chicken stock powder. Stir well.
- Over low heat, slowly add milk, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Combine sauce and cooked mince. Allow to cool.
- Add cheese and leek (or shallots) and fold through.
- Place mixture on a sheet of pastry. Brush edges with beaten egg.
- Place the second sheet of pastry over the top and fold edges over.
- Crimp edges with a fork and brush whole pie with beaten egg.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
Use rashers of bacon or 100g bacon pieces. Can use butter or margarine. Shallots can substitute leek. I used Castello blue cheese. Grated tasty cheese can also be used. You can cook the pie however you’d prefer, one large or a few mini ones. If you want to make small individual pies just use a cookie cutter, egg ring or glass to cut out circles in your puff pastry and then follow the steps as normal.