I got this recipe from my friend Shelly. I made a few modifications for my family and now it’s one of our favorite dinners. It is very low point friendly (if you’re on Weight Watchers) and high in taste. We have enjoyed it year round.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Total Time 40 mins
- Servings 6
- 1 (10 ounce) cans canned chicken ( white meat)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) cans rotel ( or 1 can of tomatoes)
- 1 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) cans corn ( or use frozen corn)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth ( 2 cups)
- Saute chicken, onion, garlic, and green pepper in cooking spray.
- Add remaining ingredients. Heat on stove until warm throughout.
- (You can also cook this in the crockpot on low all day or high for a few hours–no need to saute veggies for the crockpot version.)
- If desired, top stew with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocados, and crushed up tortilla chips. My kids love to eat this as a dip for their chips. I serve it with the baked version of tortilla chips.