A great way to use leftover chicken, this 20-minute dinner salad uses quick-to-cook couscous and lots of brightly flavored herbs.
- Yield 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (5.7-ounce) box uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced radishes (about 3 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- To prepare salad, bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan, gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous into a large bowl, cool slightly. Add chicken, onions, radishes, cucumber, parsley, and pine nuts, toss gently to combine.
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad, toss to combine.
- Note: You can toast nuts quickly in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Stir frequently, and as soon as they become fragrant, remove the nuts from the pan.