Chesapeake Crab Cakes steal the show when simply served at the center of the plate surrounded by a few summer vegetables.
- Yield Serves: 4
- Total time 25 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning or potlatch seasoning
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound crabmeat (blue crab or Dungeness crab), picked clean
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine mayonnaise, panko, and seasoning in a medium bowl. Stir in egg and chives. Add crabmeat to bowl, gently stir to combine. Shape mixture into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) patties.
- Heat butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. When butter begins to brown, reduce heat to medium. Add crab cakes to pan, cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully turn cakes over, and place skillet in preheated oven. Bake crab cakes until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Garnish cakes with chives, and serve with lemon wedges.