These easy-to-make cheese filled chicken parcels make family cooking so easy!
- Ingredients 8
- Prep Time 00:10
- Cook Time 00:12
- Makes 4
- 2 tbs Leggo’s pizza sauce
- 1 cup pizza cheese grated
- 1 tbs fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 4 chicken breast fillet
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500 g Leggo’s bolognese pasta sauce jar
- 1 scoop mashed potato *to serve
- 1 handful asparagus steamed *to serve
- Combine Leggo’s Pizza Sauce, cheese and basil in a small bowl. Using a small sharp knife, make a pocket in each fillet. Spoon ¼ of the cheese mixture in each pocket. Secure well with toothpicks or small skewers.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat and brown chicken well on both sides. Reduce heat and pour Leggo’s Pasta Sauce around the chicken. Cover with a lid and simmer for a further 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes before removing toothpicks.
- Spoon sauce onto serving plates and top with chicken. Serve with mashed potato and steamed asparagus.
Tip: chicken can be filled a few hours ahead and refrigerated until required.