Another good one for the lunch box.
- Ingredients 11
- Prep Time 00:20
- Cook Time 00:35
- Makes 12
- 100 g dark brown sugar
- 170 g margarine
- 1 egg
- 225 g carrot grated
- 140 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 g water
- 1 12-hole muffin pan 1 electric mixer
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease muffin tray or line with paper cases.
- With electric mixer, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and water. Stir in carrots.
- Sift all dry ingredients into butter and carrot mixture and stir to blend.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pans or cases, almost to the top.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before transferring to rack to cool.
Nice served with butter or whipped cream.