293 five star reviews caught my interest in this pasta dish when I was searching the net. Shrimp and scallops in a cream sauce with parmesan and swiss served over your favourite pasta.
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Total Time 35 mins
- Servings 4-6
- 1 lb dry linguine or 1 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed fresh red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, pour cream into large skillet. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until just boiling.
- Reduce heat, add herbs,seasoning,and veg’s.
- Simmer 8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in seafood, cooking until shrimp is no longer transparent.
- Stir in cheeses, blending well.
- Drain pasta,top with seafood sauce.
- Opt. You can make this hotter to suit your tastes by doubling the pepper and red pepper flakes.