Classic Caesar salad that I have regular requests for at our barbeques. It’s simply the best.
- Ingredients 6
- Prep Time 00:15
- Cook Time 00:15
- Serves 6
- 1 cos lettuce torn large
- 4 egg hard-boiled quartered
- 12 short-cut bacon rashers diced
- 3/4 cup croutons
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese shaved
- 200 mls caesar salad dressing
- 1 bowl 1 frying pan
- Fry or grill bacon until crisp and golden, drain on absorbent paper towel.
- In a large, wide serving bowl, layer each ingredient and drizzle the dressing over.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, approximately 4-6 layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
This is the simplest of salads to make. I also make it for our lunch occasionally and add cooked chicken strips. I prefer to use Paul Newman’s Creamy Caesar dressing. I have tried various Caesar dressings but this one is by far the best and it must be the creamy version, not the clear one. Sliced anchovy fillets or sliced avocado can also be added. I used low fat croutons. Use 1 large or 2 small cos lettuce, leaves torn.