These are delicious. The cream cheese in the cookie dough really adds a softness, and makes the cookies taste really flaky and rich. They’re a great addition to one’s Christmas cookie recipes.
- Prep Time 2 hrs
- Total Time 2 hrs 7 mins
- Yield 42 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at about medium speed until well combined and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Gradulay add flour, and beat until well mixed, about 2-3 minutes more.
- Divide dough in half, and wrap each on in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll out dough half on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4″ thick.
- Keep the other half in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cut out the shapes your prefer, using a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter.
- Place 1″ apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- (I lined my sheets with nonstick “release” foil).
- If I’m making Christmas cookie shapes, I sprinkle the cookies with red, green, or multi-colored sugars before baking.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are just slightly browned.
- Note: I find 8 minutes is the magic number for my oven. These cookies may also be baked plain, and decorated with icings after they are cooled.