A yummy dinner party starter or snack for anytime.
- Ingredients 8
- Prep Time 00:15
- Cook Time 00:15
- Serves 10
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tomato firm ripe
- 2 red onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic crushed
- 2 tsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp parmesan finely grated
- 1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil *to taste
- 1 bowl 1 pastry brush 1 wooden spoon
- Finely chop tomatoes and onions and place into a bowl.
- Add garlic, basil and parmesan cheese and stir through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil. Stir again.
- Slice French stick and brush each slice with olive oil.
- Grill slices until toasty brown.
- Spoon mixture onto bread and serve.
Alter quantities to your liking. I sometimes add some crushed garlic to the olive oil before brushing the French stick.