This is always a HIT with guests. I make this everytime we have a get together and the bowl is always left empty!!
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
- Servings 8-12
- 1 -2 head fresh broccoli ( do not use frozen!)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook bacon (I make it easy and buy the already cooked bacon in the refrigerator section) and crumble into pieces.
- Chop up top of broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Mix broccoli, onions, bacon and mozzarella in large bowl.
- In separate bowl combine vinegar, sugar and mayo.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Best if made a day ahead.