While searching for a great make ahead breakfast I tried this and it worked great! Hope you enjoy it too 🙂
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Total Time 21 mins
- Servings 12
- 12 miniature bagels ( whole wheat or white)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 pieces bacon ( fried crisp and cut in half)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated ( or your favourite kind)
- Slice each bagel in half.
- Lightly butter each side.
- To cook eggs, lightly grease a mug or small bowl or ramekin, beat eggs in that bowl and microwave 30 seconds, remove egg in one piece and repeat for remaining eggs. Or take Swan Valley Tammi’s idea and pre-cook the bacon, chop it up and add it to the eggs. Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes so all 12 egg/bacon ‘patties’ are done at the same time.
- On the bottom half of the bagel place cooked egg.
- Top each egg with approximately 1 Tablespoon grated cheese.
- Stack bacon on top.
- Complete sandwich with top of bagel.
- Cool slightly, wrap in plastic wrap individually, place in a large labeled zipper freezer bag.
- To serve, remove 1 bagel sandwich from bag and remove wrapping.
- Place upside down in microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- Place right side up and microwave for 30 seconds more or until heated through. **Time may vary in your microwave**.
- Eat warm.