Our tender, juicy braised beef brisket was perfectly delicious all on its own. But we decided to kick things up a bit with some spicy jalapeÃ±o sauce!
- Prep Time 20min.
- Total Time 3hr. 20min.
- Servings 16 servings
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 beef brisket (3-1/2 lb.), about 2 inches thick
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 jalapeÃ±o peppers, stemmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- Heat oven to 350Â°F. Heat dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat, cook 5 min. or until evenly browned, turning occasionally. Transfer to roasting pan or 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Surround with vegetables. Add water, cover tightly with foil. Bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is done (160ÂºF). Let stand, covered, 10 min.
- Meanwhile, transfer vegetables to blender, blend until smooth. Add 1 cup meat drippings from bottom of pan, blend well.
- Cut meat across the grain into thin slices. Serve topped with vegetable sauce and sour cream.