Make food truck-style fish tacos at home using fresh tilapia, avocado, cilantro and corn tortillas, and top with a creamy onion-jalapeno mixture for amazing flavor.
- Yield 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
- Total time 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor, process until smooth. Combine jalapeño sauce and onion in a small bowl.
- Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients (through ground red pepper), sprinkle evenly over fish. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan, cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture, and avocado evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.