These chicken drumsticks are really easy to prepare and cook, and slow baking them in the oven means a lot of extra flavours and sealed into the meat. Perfect for a Sunday lunch or even a weeknight meal.
- Ingredients 9
- Prep Time 00:15
- Cook Time 01:25
- Serves 4
- 8 chicken drumstick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 15 g butter
- 2 bulbs fennel bulb cored cut into wedges
- 700 g kipfler potato halved
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 cup Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style
- 250 g cherry truss tomato
- 1 frying pan 1 oven proof baking dish
- Preheat oven to 200 C or 180 C fan-forced.
- Season drumsticks. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, place fennel, potatoes and onion on a large oven tray. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season and toss to coat. Squeeze lemon wedges and add to tray. Nestle chicken amongst vegetables.
- Add Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style to frying pan and scrape base to dislodge any brown bits. Pour over vegetables. Bake for 1 hour, basting chicken and vegetables halfway through.
- Increase oven to 220 C or 200 C fan forced. Add tomatoes and bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe by Lucy Nunes for Massel.