The best meat pie.
- Ingredients 11
- Prep Time 00:15
- Cook Time 00:40
- Serves 4
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 cup water
- 2 beef stock cube
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt and pepper *to taste
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg *to decorate
- Cook meat and onion until meat is well browned.
- Add ¾ cup water, stock cubes, sauces and seasonings.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend flour and the remaining water, add to meat, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Line a pie plate with the short crust pastry.
- Spoon in the cooled meat mixture.
- Moisten edges of pastry with water.
- Top with puff pastry, pressing down to seal the edges, trim and glaze with egg.
- Bake at 230C for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 190C for a futher 25 minutes until golden.
Once you try this meat pie you will never want to buy another. Very yummy.