A light and heavenly bread that has a wonderful taste and a soft fluffy texture. Make sure you grease your pans and you will be rewarded with 2 delightful loaves of bread. Same basic dough as used in my Angel’s Rich and Buttery Pan Rolls (Bread Machine). (Preparation includes machine time and rising time.)
- Prep Time 2 hrs
- Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- Serves 16-20,
- Yield 2.0 loaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered coffee creamer (I use creamer) or 3 tablespoons powdered milk ( I use creamer)
- 2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
- Grease two 5 x 9 bread pans.
- Add the ingredients in the order listed in your bread machine manual (per manufacturer).
- Select dough cycle and push start.
- When cycle is done, remove the dough to a lightly floured board, cut into 2 halves.
- Shape each piece into a loaf and place in greased bread pans.
- Cover and let rise until double in size (about 50 – 60 minutes).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 – 30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Rub tops with margarine or butter when you removed from oven.
- Remove from bread pans and let cool on a wire rack.
- When completely cool store in 1 gallon zip type bags.