The reviews are in! This beefy chili seems to be the go-to recipe for a lot of folksâand it’s universally popular at potlucks!
- Prep Time 25min.
- Total Time 45min.
- Servings 16 servings, about 1 cup each
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) pinto beans, undrained
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 env. (1 oz. each) chili seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- Brown meat in Dutch oven or small stockpot on medium heat, drain. Add onions and peppers, cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining ingredients except sour cream, mix well. Bring to boil, cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min., stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with sour cream.